“We”, “our” or “us” means Roost Creative Limited (a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 12013182) whose registered office is at 34a Littlepark Avenue, Havant, Hampshire, England, PO9 3QY.
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect relating to you, or that you provide to us in relation to us facilitating the provision of marketing and branding services.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will use your personal information
This privacy notice answers the following:
- Personal information we collect
- The basis on which we collect and use personal information about you
- Uses made of the personal information
- How long we keep the personal information for
- Sharing the personal information
- Transfer of personal information outside the European Economic Area
- Keeping your personal information secure
- Rights to access personal information
- Changes to our privacy notice
- How to contact us
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This is information about you that you give us by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
We will collect and use the following personal information about you as a prospective client:
- Information you give us:
- business address;
- company details;
- e-mail address;
- phone number; and
- job title.
- Information we collect about you: We will collect the following information about you obtained from your use of our website:
- IP address; and
- Google Analytics data.
We will collect and use the following personal information about you when you are a client of ours:
- Information you give us:
- business address;
- company details;
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- job title; and
- bank details.
- Information we collect about you: We will collect the following information about you obtained from your use of our website, as well as the details in any contracts with you:
- IP address;
- Google Analytics data; and
- the terms and conditions of our contract with you.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will collect, use and store your personal information in relation to us providing marketing and branding services to understand your needs and provide you with a better service on the basis of our legitimate interests and the fact that it is necessary in order to perform our contract with you relating to marketing and branding services.
We will collect, use and store your personal information where necessary to fulfil our legal obligation (e.g. to meet our HMRC requirements by supplying invoices and accounting records).
We will collect, use and store your contact details for marketing purposes on the basis of consent.
USES MADE OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use this personal information as follows:
- corresponding with you;
- offering our services;
- entering into contract negotiations;
- the performance of any contract with you;
- processing orders;
- administering invoices to clients;
- recovering monies;
- making payments to suppliers;
- preparing accounts and records; and
- informing individuals of news, events or activities.
WILL WE CHANGE THE WAY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes we have set out in this notice. We can only change the purpose of use if we advise you that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with those set out in this notice. If we need to use your personal information for any other purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so in a similar way to how we have done it in this notice.
HOW LONG WE KEEP THE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Please contact us Here for further details of how long we keep your personal information for. If a dispute arises between us, we will keep your personal information for the purposes of responding to and dealing with this dispute and this may mean that we keep your personal information for longer to enable us to deal with the dispute.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use your personal information to make automated decisions about you.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only share the personal information that you give us with the following third parties and for the following reasons:
- With third parties who provide or support our IT systems: We use reputable third parties to provide us with our IT systems and support for them. They may access your personal information to the extent that they need to in order to provide their services or provide support to us as a processor;
- With third parties who provide or support our financial systems: We use reputable third parties to perform our accounting services. They will have access to your personal information to the extent that they need to in order to provide their agreed services or provide support to us. The legal ground for this is that sharing your personal information in this way is necessary in order for us to perform our contract with you;
- With third parties who assist in providing our services: we will share relevant personal information with trusted third parties to a service to us in relation to your project for example, to arrange the booking of travel, accommodation and permits where necessary. They will have access to your personal information to the extent that they need to in order to provide their agreed services or provide support to us as a processor;
- In the unlikely event that we merge with or transfer our business assets: If we sell all or part of our business, or merge with another organisation, we may transfer personal information that we have collected as described in this privacy notice, along with our other assets, to the organisation that we are selling to or merging with. The legal ground for this is that it is in our legitimate interests to be able to merge or sell our business; and
- With entities, companies or individuals outside our Organisation for legal reasons: We will share your personal information with entities, companies or individuals outside our Organisation where it is necessary to comply with any law, rule, regulation, legal procedure or governmental request that is applicable to us, for example sending financial information to HMRC will include invoices which contain personal information. The legal ground for this is that sharing your personal information in this way is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
We store your personal information in the United Kingdom or in countries within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We will only transfer your personal information outside the EEA where our third party service providers who we share personal information with (as set out above) are based outside the EEA, have support services located outside the EEA or host personal information outside the EEA.
We only transfer your personal information outside the EEA where we have a legal ground for doing so and where we ensure that your personal information is protected to the same standard as it would be protected in the UK. We do this by entering into data sharing agreements with the recipients of your personal information based outside the EEA which comply with the EU Commission’s standard clauses for the transfer of personal information, or where the third party is based in the US and is part of the US Privacy Shield.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
RIGHTS TO ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal information is being used – please refer to the ICO website for further information about this (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO and so, if you are happy to do so, please contact us Here in the first instance and we will try to resolve your issue.
You have a number of other rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to ask us what personal information we have about you and to have a copy of your personal information from us;
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right to object to our legitimate interests;
- the right to ask us to provide you with a copy of the personal information you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that personal information to another entity where: (i) we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or on the basis that it is necessary to perform a contract with you; and (ii) the use we are making of your personal information is carried out by automated means;
- the right to ask us to delete your personal information where: (i) we don’t need your personal information anymore; (ii) you withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information and we have no other legal basis to keep your personal information; (iii) you have asked us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you and we don’t actually have a valid legitimate interest to do what we are doing; (iv) our use of your personal information is illegal; (v) we have to delete your personal information to comply with our legal obligations;
- the right to ask us to restrict the use that we are making of your personal information where: (i) you don’t think the personal information we have about you is correct, so that we can check if it is correct; (ii) what we are doing with your personal information is illegal but you would rather we stop using your personal information rather than delete it; (iii) we don’t need your personal information anymore, but you need us to keep it so that you can exercise any legal rights; and (iv) you have asked us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you, so that we can check whether we actually have a valid legitimate interest to do what we are doing; and
- the right to ask us to transfer your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights over your personal information, please contact us Here for further information.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
Write to us at our registered address: 34a Littlepark Avenue, Havant, Hampshire, England, PO9 3QY; or
By telephone: 02392 988770; or
By email: Click Here